Y .Saturday, May 3, 2008.
Day 3
Friday, 02 May
My class had our first practical for UIR. This time it was more on research and creating our very own blog. I had to find two websites, one organisational and the other personal. I must say that it was hard to differentiate. I had some trouble trying to find the websites but at last I manage to. I found an interesting website about drug abuse in which I would like to share. It is a pdf file that really gives an in depth explanation about drugs abuse among teens. It includes the reasons, solutions and even the different types of common drugs that teens take. After reading a lot websites, I realise that are a lot of reasons why youths turn to taking drugs and abusing it. Reasons like peer pressure, being different from others, pleasure, because of parents and many more. I am sure that different teens have different opinions and reasons about this topic. Hmm..but are they just pointing fingers?
The other website that I found is a top story done by a reporter, Kristin Shaw,who interviews youth in the United States about drugs and also alcohol. It is interesting what youths there think about this issue. Check it out.
Day 2
Tuesday, 29 April
It was the second day of class. I started with practical 1 and had to do research about my topic. I have to find websites that are e-journals/magazines, WWW or forums. It was really tough to find e-journal sites. I also posted my question in the forum at AsiaOne.com. I hope that people will reply and give me their opinions. I like the topic that I have chosen as I find it really ineteresting.
Day 1
Tuesday, 22 April
This was my first ever UIR class. I was very anxious to know what this subject is about, who my teacher is and also are there any of my classmates that are also in the same class as me. Hehehe. I was glad to know that this subject uses blogging as the assignment. I love blogging, especially changing blog skins. This subject also gives me an oppurtunity to learn the different uses of the internet. Ms Faridah gaves the class a brief explanations and expectations about UIR. We also had an ice breaking group after forming a group of 5 people. I am so so so happy that my classmates are there with me.. :)